The increase in inflation might’ve got you seeking ways to supplement your income while maintaining your day job or studies. To get extra money these days, it appears like everyone is working a second job, renting out their stuff, or selling unwanted items. But what are the other ways to make extra money?
You may be having a hard time finding ways to earn extra money, but don’t worry; here are ways to make extra money to get started. You may use your expertise and hobbies to earn extra cash from home, online, or on the side. These extra funds will undoubtedly come in handy, whether to pay off debt, save for an emergency fund, or simply have a little more money in your pocket.
1. Find Freelance Jobs Online
Freelancing is a great way to make extra money and should be at the top of any list of simple side hustle ideas. Freelancers operate on a project-by-project basis for one or more clients, which you may arrange in your spare time. Graphic designers, writers, editors, and website developers are in high demand as freelancers and other fields provide similar opportunities.
You can find freelance work at sites like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com. These websites provide opportunities to work as a freelancer in a range of fields. Keep track of the standard rate for the type of work you offer, no matter what kind of freelancing you do so you are aware of what to charge. You may also use email and social media accounts to promote your freelancing skills to your own network for free.
Pro tip: Join Facebook groups with individuals in the same field and connect with them. Once you’ve established your connection and have proved your skills, they may outsource or recommend you to their clients!
- To offer work on Upwork and Fivver, users must be at least 18 years old. Freelancer.com needs users to be at least 16 years old.
- Some websites need you to be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- For payments, you must have a bank account of your choice. Most people use PayPal, however there are different payment methods you may pick or agree on depending on your client.
2. Become a User Experience Tester
Another way to earn extra money from home is to become a user tester. Every company hopes that their website delivers helpful information, satisfies their goals, and, of course, produces money. If something isn’t working, the company has to figure out why, and many depend on user experience testers to provide feedback. UserTesting and TryMyUI, for example, will pay you for your feedback.
You get compensated for providing feedback on how effectively — or how poorly — particular websites and applications operate. To get accepted, you must pass a brief exam, after which you will be paid according to the type of test. You’ll be offered $10 for each 20-minute test you finish!
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- A computer, an internet connection, and a microphone are required.
- Mobile app testers must also have an Android or iOS phone or tablet.
- Some websites may have language requirements.
3. Take Online Surveys
Take online surveys to earn money from home, however don’t expect to make a lot. Still, this side hustle is a great way to earn extra money in your spare time.
Many marketing research companies are willing to pay for your feedback on various goods, systems, and topics. Legitimate survey groups include User Interviews, Survey Junkie, Swagbucks, and Dscout. Most survey companies need you to register an online account and link a PayPal, Venmo, or CashApp account to get money. Then, using an app or an online dashboard, you may search for and sign up for surveys that interest you. If you are selected, you will finish the questionnaire or the project and will normally be paid within a few days. Many surveys pay between $2 and $10 for a few minutes of your time, while others pay up to $100 for in-depth product reviews or surveys.
- Most survey sites have a minimum age limit that ranges from 13 to 18 (that is, depending on the site), making these sites an excellent option for students looking to make money online.
- Specific criteria may apply to individual surveys. So, be prepared to get rejected from a survey without much explanation.
4. Make Money From Blogging
Set up a blog focused on a particular field that interests you, such as travel, cuisine, beauty, or fashion, if you like writing and sharing knowledge with others. You can monetize your site with adverts or affiliate sales as you gain popularity and a reasonable amount of traffic. You can join an affiliate marketing network such as CJ Affiliate, ShareASale, FlexOffers, Rakuten Advertising, or Amazon Associates.
Advertisements pay you per view or click, whereas affiliate sales pay you to promote a product or service. If someone clicks on an affiliate link and makes a purchase, you will be paid a commission. This is how certain bloggers make a lot of money!
- A blog, social media account, or other online presence that consistently attracts visitors.
5. Become a Private Online Tutor
If you believe that being a tutor means you were at the top of your class in high school and college, think again. Tutoring is all about what you know and how well you know it. Become a tutor and turn your skills in math, science, foreign language, or test prep into a successful side hustle.
Tutors are in high demand, which offers up plenty of flexible side hustle opportunities for you. Market online to learning programs to parents looking for convenient sessions for their children, but keep adult students in mind as well.
Tutoring companies like Tutor.com, TutorMe, and Studypool hire teachers to share their knowledge with students on a wide range of disciplines. Just be cautious while choosing a tutoring position. Certain users of on-demand tutoring services just want someone to write their essay or do their assignment for them. So, be wise when browsing the job advertisements.
- You’ll require a strong background in a subject that others need help understanding, such as mathematics, a foreign language, or exam preparation.
- There may be educational requirements. Some tutors may be needed to be enrolled in a four-year institution or to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university.
6. Self-publish an Ebook
Self-publishing ebooks is another way for writers to earn additional money, but you don’t have to be a brilliant wordsmith to make money on this side hustle. If you can tell unique stories or explain how to do something, you can hire ghostwriters and editors to finish and polish your work.
When you publish a book for free, you may earn up to 70% of each sale in royalties. Write your book, write a detailed description and the details you want to see, and then submit your manuscript to Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing as well as other ebook platforms like Smashwords, Barnes & Noble Press, Lulu, and others. Set your price and watch the money roll in!
- To get started, you must first create a Kindle Direct Publishing account.
- Proper formatting is necessary. Amazon claims that most Microsoft Word documents convert quickly to e-books, but other formats are accepted as well.
7. Become an Influencer
Earn money by posting on social media! Yes, it turns out that social networking may be useful. Consider being an influencer if you have a huge following on social media sites such as Facebook and Instagram, or even if you run a blog.You might also consider TikTok! Influencers make money by providing a variety of content, including product reviews and recommendations, humorous videos, how-to tips and techniques, edgy opinions on society, and much more.
Whether it’s fashion, cookery, or travels, you may become the primary source for businesses looking to increase their online visibility. Simply contact businesses you admire and express your desire to collaborate! Also, if you’re interested in affiliate marketing and sponsored content, look into ShareASale and Amazon Associates. Turn your influence into money!
- A social media account with a committed and engaged following.
- In addition, you must fulfill the conditions of any affiliate network.
8. Earn From Your YouTube Channel
Convert your vlogs into cash! If your YouTube videos have a large following, you may be able to monetize them through advertising. YouTube side hustles are an excellent way to increase your income by sharing your knowledge, discussing current events, or giving entertainment.
YouTube is completely free to use, and you may earn with your videos if you have at least 1,000 subscribers and more than 4,000 video view hours each year. After that, YouTube Partners have access to monetization features, including a percentage of ad income. This may take some time to achieve, but with hard effort, you may earn thousands of dollars each month. Many hardworking side hustlers have converted their YouTube channel into an income-generating full-time job.
- You must have at least 1,000 subscribers and more than 4,000 video view hours each year.
9. Monetize Your Twitch Channel
If you have a stable following on Twitch, the go-to site for players, gaming might be an option to generate money from home. If a streamer achieves Affiliate or Partner status, they can accept donations from viewers and potentially split subscription and ad income! You may start streaming on Twitch in a day, but it will take weeks or even months to build a following. Your efforts will be rewarded once you see money rolling in!
- To become a Twitch Affiliate or Partner and get a cut of game sales, adverts, and subscription money, you must reach specified viewing and broadcast milestones.
10. Create Your Own Podcast
Another in-demand low- to no-cost side hustle idea that is simple to start and grow is podcasting. This is perfect for people who enjoy talking and sharing their own perspectives. Podcasts are pre-recorded audio files you record, edit, and submit to podcasting sites so listeners can listen to them whenever they choose. Ads, sponsored material, affiliate links in podcast descriptions, and paid subscriptions can all be used to monetize podcasts.
Bring in your favorite guests or go solo to discuss topics that are important to you. Start by deciding on a name, developing a website, and brainstorming your first ten episodes. If you don’t have any extra equipment, you may record and edit a podcast using audio recording apps built into your smartphone, tablet, or computer and then upload it to channels you create on platforms like iTunes, Anchor, Buzzsprout, and others. Some provide free options, but most offer premium-priced plans that enable revenues through paid listener subscriptions, downloads, and ad revenue splits.
- You must post a new episode once every week and maintain a social media presence.
- Maintain a minimum of 1,000 downloads every episode.
11. Sell Your Photography
Do you have a talent for photography? Side hustle your hobby and make passive revenue from your favorite photographs. To earn royalties, upload each photo to services such as iStockPhoto, Dreamstime, Shutterstock, and Getty Images. Each photo purchased might earn you between $0.25-0.45. If you publish images often, your online portfolio will develop, and you can earn more.
- The requirements vary depending on the platform you’re using, but you must have the necessary rights to the photographs you sell.
- 7 So-Called “Frugal” Habits That Are Actually a Waste of Time and Money
- Stop Wasting Your Money! Never Buy These 5 Items Again
This post was produced and syndicated by A Dime Saved.