Do you have a small business? Have you thought about starting a blog for your business? Having visibility for your business is extremely important- This is why your business needs a blog.
Having your small business rank on Google is the primary reason to have a blog for your business. Most people google a service or a product before purchasing it or to find out more about it. If they find your business online, they will have an opportunity to look through your website and learn more about you.
Organic search is one of the best ways to get your name out there. Think of all the time and energy you spend making calls, emails and reaching out to drive sales and deals. Having your business rank well in search engines means that creating blog posts that send you organic traffic forever will bring you more business just by making your blog. You won’t spend tons of time on marketing and reaching out to new leads.
Having your website rank well for specific keywords will help your business. This is specifically true for local SEO. If you offer a service or product in a particular place, if you can get to the top of Google for your product or service name and location, you can bring in traffic and customers who are already warm leads. They are already looking for you- all you need to do is close the deal. For example, someone might search Accountant in Buffalo when they are looking for accountants in Buffalo.
Blogging is the easiest and cheapest way to bring organic traffic to your business. If you are a small business, this can be a cost-effective way to get leads and contacts. You can do it yourself or hire local SEO services to help you create this traffic stream.
I love blogging (obviously!), so I am the first to recommend creating a blog for your business. You can create such great opportunities for yourself and your business if you do so.
Why Your Business Needs a Blog
- Bring traffic to your business. Having people find your website is a great way to get new leads and new business
- Bring Local Traffic. Local traffic is the best because it is already a warm lead. They already want you- all you need to do is close the deal.
- Brand Stability. Have you ever googled a business before? I’m just kidding. Of course, you have! Most of us would be extremely wary if we didn’t find a business’s website online. I probably would think it is a sketchy business and stay far away. Having a good and visible website is an excellent way to increase your brand’s trustworthiness.
- Build Brand Recognition. If you manage to create your business’s blog in a memorable way, you will be able to create brand recognition that can be really good for your small business.
- Explain your Business. You know everything there is to know about your business, and you know all about your industry, but the chances are that no one else does! After all, that is why you do what you do and why people are paying you. If you can share that knowledge with others, you will have a more educated consumer. In most industries, having an educated consumer is a boon that can help your business.
- Build your Email List. As you probably know, a brand’s email list is a powerful tool that can be leveraged in many ways. A blog can help you capture emails and grow your email list.
Focusing on proper SEO techniques or hiring an SEO expert will help your small business improve its SEO and ranking in google. Having a blog for your business is a great way to improve leads, improve customer retention, build brand expertise and trust and help your business thrive.
Creating a blog for your business is the best way for a small business to improve its SEO and digital marketing. In today’s market, it truly is a must.
Are you thinking of creating a blog for your business? Are you planning on doing it yourself or hiring an expert to help you along? Let me know in the comments!