Everything You Need to Know to Rent an RV

Traveling and even living in a recreational vehicle (RV) has exploded in popularity over the past few years. 

Do you need a license?

Luckily, the general rule is that you do not need a special license to drive/tow an RV weighing less than 26,000 pounds or less than 40 feet. Even better, most RVs fall under that weight and length, especially RVs that you’d be potentially renting.

Drivable (Motorhomes)

The first type of RV is drivable, more commonly known as motorhomes. There are three different classes of drivable RVs: Class A, B, and C.

Class A Motorhome

A Class A motorhome is the largest drivable RV. They resemble a bus and are typically 30 to 40 feet long. They are also considered top-of-the-line amongst RVs and typically feature full bathrooms, entertainment centers, and spacious living areas.

Class B Motorhomes

Class B motorhomes are more commonly known as van campers because these RVs are built on a van chassis with a raised roof. Class Bs are typically the smallest drivable RV but still have a bathroom, convertible bed, and basic kitchen necessities.

Want to read more about RV's and motorhomes and how to rent them?

Squiggly Line

Click here to read more!