British Woman Warns About Dangerous TikTok Challenge After Her Face Gets Burned

A British woman was left in agony as a TikTok challenge quickly backfired on her leaving her with injuries on her face. TikTok is renowned for creating videos and hacks that quickly turn into challenges.

According to Chantelle Conway, she followed every instruction the original poached egg using a microwave video gave, but the results were not as expected.

@thebournemouthmum I was AMAZED!!! #NespressoTalents #isawthisontiktok #sawthisontiktok #poachedegg #microwaverecipes #easycooking #hack #cleverhack #parenthack #toptip ♬ Renai Circulation (English Cover) [2012 TV Size] – Lizz Robinett

The video shows how to make the perfect poached egg in the microwave. You add water to a mug, add a few drops of vinegar, add an egg, and microwave it on high for about a minute. The result? The best-poached egg you can get.

Splattered All Over Her Face

Conway says she followed this procedure perfectly, but when she cut the egg with a cold spoon, it splattered all over her face and some parts of her neck, leaving her with burn scars. Since the incident on July 4th, Conway has been documenting her recovery and urged people not to try every hack they see on social media.

The Reaction

People who watched this video made remarks, and we have sampled some of the best ones here.

Athena McGeary – The same thing happened to me LITERALLY a day after you… I lost all my sight in my right eye completely… this is no joke…

Kelli – Thank you for putting this out there. I’m sorry this happened to you, and I’m sorry some people are commenting with rude messages.

bgausewitz – I’m so sorry this happened to you, and maybe the video you followed was misleading

Grace – This happened to me at work two years ago cause a customer wanted their eggs well done! Hope you feel better soon

Lilly – omg, I’ve always done my poached eggs like that. Didn’t realize how dangerous it was. Hope you have a speedy recovery, sweet, and thank you for sharing.

Janeen O – I am so sorry this happened to you. Thank you for sharing your experience; I hope it raises awareness so that this does not happen to anyone else.

Michelle mature makeover – Your skin will heal, my love. It’s almost like a chemical peel. Please don’t ever do that again.

TheeFlowerTrail – This is my worst fear when doing this; I’ve done it for about 2 years, but I always let it sit for about 1 to 2 minutes before taking it out of the microwave.

Lil – I’m sorry this happened to you; wishing you a speedy recovery! You’re not supposed to use metal in boiling liquids; use wood!! 

Nunya – Hope you’re on the mend soon. I burned my legs with pan oil last year; the pain is unreal. Try to keep it cool & use burn ointment if you need them.

Not all TikTok challenges are safe. If you have to do one, ensure you know all the possible consequences, as these challenges can backfire and cause irreparable damage.

Source

This article was produced and syndicated by A Dime Saved.

Read More Articles From A Dime Saved: