8 Chanukah Games and Activities
It’s the last night of our 8 nights of Chanukah fun so I am going to end it with fun Chanukah games! There is nothing better than playing a game as a family and what better time to do that then on Chanukah? We can do a boring game night or we can play some awesome Chanukah Games!
So without further ado, I present…
8 Chanukah Games!
- Latke Bake-Off! This is a great game for the older kids or adults in the family.
The Challenge: Make a Latke for everyone to try
The Criteria: The majority of judges have to agree that it is considered a latke. Otherwise, no rules. Any vegetable or format is acceptable.
- Find the Jug of Oil. A simple pitcher or other large item is covered in foil and hidden somewhere in the house. Whoever finds it first wins! An added twist- make a few foil-covered objects to represent the jug of oil. Only one has the seal of the Cohen Gadol on it- that is the one that must be found!
- Chanukah Charades. This should be really self-explanatory. Write Chanukah words, names or ideas on a card. You have to act out the word on the card.
- Pin the Light on the Menorah. If you made our menorah craft from day 1 then you will have a menorah that is perfect for playing. Take the Shamash and hand it to a child (or adult!). Blindfold them, spin them around and hilarity ensues!
- Greeks and Jews. My son played this in his preschool class. Basically, a spin on hide and seek and cops and robbers. The Jews have to hide and the Greeks have to find them and “jail” them. You can use the costume ideas here to make it a little more exciting.
- The Great Dreidel Hunt. This is particularly great if you are lucky enough to be living in a place with a nice yard AND nice weather. You can play it indoors as well. Take a handful of dreidels and strew them about. Whoever finds the most wins! You can use chocolate coins if you don’t have a lot of dreidels around. We happen to have a plethora of dreidels just sitting around but not everyone does!
- Squirt the Menorah. This one is a bit more creative and takes a bit of guts from those in charge but Bible Belt Balbuste has a great Chanukah Game where you shoot water pistols at a lit menorah. Read the details here.
- 5 Second Chanukah Categories. Each person gets a pieces of paper and pen. You have 5 seconds (a timer is a good idea) to write 3 things that fit into each category.
Some Category Ideas:
Events of the Chania Story
And of course….
The Best and Classic Chanukah Game of…
- Dreidel! What can be bad about a classic game of dreidel? What about a not classic game of dreidel? Here are 8 ways to play dreidel
It has been fun!
And with this list I conclude my 8 Practically Free Nights of Chanukah fun! I have given you more than 64 frugal things to enjoy Chanukah with and I hope you were able to try them out. Soon I will be back to my regular scheduled programming talking about the boring and mundane aspects of personal finance, budgeting and saving. You can have a lot of fun on a budget but that means you have to have a budget! I always appreciate hearing feedback from my readers so don’t forget to leave a comment with your thoughts!
Chanukah, Channuka, Channukah, Hannukah, Hannuka, Hanuka…. No matter how you spell it you can celebrate on a budget! Check out all the things you can do this Chanukah here.